A Concert, show or Exhibition

Hi FAU Bloggers,
Today I'm going to write about a concert I really enjoyed. So, as you may know, I love music:) I've been lucky enough to see hundreds of artists play live and going to see live music is something I've been doing for a long, long time. The last known bands I saw live in Chile were all in 2019, just before I went to live in China. I went to 3 concerts in a short space of time and saw Gorillaz, De La Soul & The Arcade Fire. I'd seen Arcade Fire before at Lollapalooza and I'd seen Gorillaz mainmain Damian Albarn in Caupolican but Gorillaz and De La Soul were firsts.
I'm going to talk about De La Soul today. I first heard De La Soul in 1989 when they released their first album, 3 feet high and rising. This is a really important album in hip-hop. It's a concept album about the lives of the 3 group members. They formed part of a movement called The Daisy Age (Daisy meaning "da inner sound, y’all" along with other groups like A Tribe Called Quest and The Jungle Brothers.
Anyway, the concert was in a little venue on Teatinos called Teatro Coliseo. It's a great place because it's small and so it's a good place for hip-hop which doesn't always work in large venues.  I had actually seen the band two weeks earlier because they performed some songs with Gorillaz. 
The band were on great form and played all their hits from a career that had lasted 30 years. They performed all my favourite songs and had an amazing vibe with the public. The sound was really good and the band showed how well they had developed their live sound over the years. I guess the highlight was hearing Eye Know as it reminded me of why I liked the band in the first place.  I went with my wife, who also enjoyed the show even though she isn't a big fan of the band. We also met up with a few friends once we arrived. 
Here are two of my favourites tracks by De La Soul - one old (from 1989 and one new from 2016).




Write about or a concert, show or exhibition you enjoyed:
Say:
Where and when it was.
Who you went with.
What you enjoyed about it.
What the highlight was.

Mention anything else you thing is important or interesting. Write at least 200  words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

A Photograph that brings back happy memories

A Television Programme