A Hobby

Hi FAU Bloggers,

Today I'd like to tell you about my main hobby, which is making music. It's something I've done for most of my life. I have lots of other hobbies like reading, walking in natural places, playing football or cooking (to name a few ), but making music is my current favourite. I do this hobby whenever I have free time. Obviously, it's better if I can dedicate a few hours to doing it, but often I'll just make minor adjustments to songs or pieces of music I'm working on. The equipment I use most is my computer, a microphone, a midi-keyboard (that connects to my computer) and a guitar. Then I use a programme, a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation), to record and mix my creations. I've had this hobby for many years. I wrote my first song when I was about 13 or 14 and started recording when I was about 18. After that, I played in bands and did lots of home recording for at least 10 years. Nowadays, Technology has made music making a lot more accessible The equipment and techniques have changed over the years and now it's possible to create amazing sounds in a home studio. 
I guess I love this hobby because I love music:)

I currently have 3 different musical projects: Amateur Beauty, The Regular Cats & Experiment SH1310.

Amateur Beauty is a duo with a Colombian designer & photographer who I met in China. So far we have released 2 concept albums and a 3-track Ep. All our songs were written using a technique we created based on converting letters into music by assigning a chord to each letter of the alphabet. Yeah, it may sound a bit weird but it's lots of fun (https://the-alphabet-files-project.com/). Our music is experimental, electronic, and occasionally, pop. We will have a new single out later this month.

The Regular Cats is a Santiago based duo with a Chilean Hip-Hop producer who was an ex-student of mine. We created a hip-hop alphabet using the same alphabet technique described above. Initially we released it as 3 albums, but later released the full alphabet album. We also released a 3-track Ep. 

My third project is as a solo artist, Experiment SH1310, but I have collaborated on a couple of songs. I first started using this name about 15 years ago (it appeals to my sense of humour). Initially I released stuff on retro platforms like Soundcloud and MySpace but last year I got a Spotify distribution. Since then I've released 2 albums, 2 Eps and a single. I think my music is very eclectic and I don't stick to one style. It includes Pop, Electro-Indie-Pop, Hip-Hop, Punk, Rock, Electronic, House, Soundscapes, Experimental and no doubt some other stuff too like Rock n' Roll or Soul:). I have a new EP out on April 4th and a new single on April 22nd.


Check them out the bands here if you like:)

https://open.spotify.com/artist/3bGdnIHZg51eOFtmIboEyX?si=utIzvxTjRwygtq0_5qR48Q

https://open.spotify.com/artist/2Q0yFv8UcEkyLIgr8YNR9Y?si=Zj5g2DhUR1ajEDHVG6KY6w

https://open.spotify.com/artist/08XQBuGhFGeu0SXOfpwLmz?si=N6uo9hptRSynSNo8z-krEg

Follow & Share on Social Media:)
https://www.instagram.com/the_regular_catz/
https://www.instagram.com/experiment_sh1310/

OK, Now write about a hobby you have.

Say:
What it is,
How often you do it,
Who you do it with,
What equipment you use,
How long you've had this hobby,
Why you enjoy it.

Mention anything else you think is important or interesting. Leave a comment on your Teacher's blog and on the blogs of your classmate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

A Photograph that brings back happy memories

A Television Programme