Introduction

 Hi FAU Bloggers,

I'm Profe Simon, your English teacher this semester. My job is to help you learn English but first, a quick introduction. So, I'm British. I was born in Mancot, Wales to English parents (Symphorosa & George) and Irish grandparents on my mother's side (maiden name Corcoran) and a Scottish connection on my father's side (Campbell clan). I have some Viking blood - evident due to a genetic defect called 'Viking's Hand" (Dupuytren's contracture - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dupuytren%27s_contracture). 

Both my parents have passed away but I have 5 sisters and 3 brothers, all of whom live in the UK except for a brother who lives in New Zealand.

I began teaching English in 1993 and I've lived in Chile since 1998. Prior to this I had numerous jobs including shop assistant, laboratory technician, photographer, waiter, barman, DJ, Academic Coordinator, Head of a University English Programme, and apprentice rock star, amongst others. I lived in Spain for 1989 to 1993 and spent almost 3 years working in China (2019 - 2022).   

My hobbies include making music, playing/watching football, travelling, walking, reading and cooking. 

With regard to my profession as an English teacher, I love my job - although having the responsibility of trying to help other people learn can often be complicated. 

(In 2008) I did my MA dissertation on using blogs to support English learning and I know what a powerful tool they can be if students follow the instructions and enjoy the writing process. 

In today's class, first, I would like you to, create your own blog and, second, link all your classmates. After that, you need to write a short introductory post:

Write about:

Who you are

Where you come from

Your family,

Your hobbies

Your previous English learning experience.

Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Photograph that brings back happy memories

A Television Programme