A piece of Technology

Hi FAU Bloggers,

Today I'd like you to write about a piece of technology you use a lot. It could be a phone or a computer or some other gadget you have. In my case, I have to admit that I love electronic gadgets. The ones I like most are generally connected to either music or capturing image (photo/video). I think the piece of technology I use most is my laptop. It's a silver, 15' Macbook Pro from 2015 but I bought it refurbished during COVID in 2020. I chose this model because I need specific characteristics (size, RAM, processor, etc.) to run my music making software. I switched from PC to Mac in 2011. I find Macs are more sturdy and durable (they last longer). They also have less problems with viruses. I couldn't justify paying for a new computer (I often buy 2nd hand) when I could get a good refurbished one for half the price.

I used my laptop as my main music making computer from 2020 to 2022. Nowadays, I use it as a potable music making machine because I bought myself a refurbished desktop module for music making. However, my laptop is still my main computer for daily life. I use it every day to surf the web and I also watch Netflix or British football on it. I often do video conferencing with it and I take it on holiday with me. Additionally, I use it to create classes and materials for teaching English:) I also use it for writing blogs (like now). It's cool to put on some music, dim the lights and write.....

I love my laptop for so may different reasons. It looks good, it performs well and it's portable. I doubt whether it will survive much longer because Apple stop updating the operating software for the older models and they become less versatile. Many apps stop working too for the same reason (e.g. Google Chrome).

Write about a piece of technology you use a lot.

Say:

What it is,

What features/characteristics it has,

What good points and bad points it has,

What you use it for,

Why you love it:)

Mention anything else you think is important or interesting.

Try to write at least 150 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and your classmate´s blog. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

A Photograph that brings back happy memories

A Television Programme