Last Weekend

Hi FAU Bloggers!

Today I'd like you to write about something you did last weekend.

I actually went to the beach last weekend, to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. Her birthday was actually last week but we didn't like the idea of going to the beach for the May 21st holiday because no doubt it would be busy. As a birthday present, I invited my wife and her mum to Las Cruces, a beach they both love.

We left on Saturday morning at midday and reached our destination at about 2pm. We went to collect the keys from the apartment and then we went to have lunch. We met up with Claudio, a friend of ours who lives in Algarrobo and we ate in a beachside restaurant in Las Cruces called Bellavista. It is a little bit expensive but the food is very good and my mother-in-law really likes it. 

After lunch we said goodbye to Claudio and we went to the apartment. My mother-in-law, who is 85-years old, watched the sea from the balcony (and then the TV) while my wife and went for a short walk. In the evening we cooked, had dinner and played some games (cards, dice, and a word game). I got up at about 8am on Sunday and read on the balcony (I'm reading a rather crazy book by Neal Stephenson called "Cryptonomicon"). Later, my wife and I went for a walk along the beach. It was wonderful. 

There is a section of beach connecting Playa Las Salinas and Playa Las Monjas that is very desolate. We saw very few people - literally 2 or 3 fishermen, and lots of amazing birds - oyster catchers, lapwings, cormorants, herons, tiuques, vultures, and lots of others I can't remember. 



After lunch we visited some friends on their plot of land close to El Totoral. We came back to Santiago on Sunday at about 7pm Luckily, I'd planned my classes on Friday evening so I was able to relax on Sunday evening. I think I was extra tired because of the sea air.

Write about what you did last weekend. Try to go into detail.

Say:

What you did at the weekend and why,

Different things you could mention are: people you saw, places you went, things you ate/cooked.

Did you study? Did you go out? Did you do anything creative? Did you watch anything? Did you play anything? Tell us. Mention anything you think is interesting or relevant.

Try to write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blogs and one the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

A Photograph that brings back happy memories

A Television Programme