A Photograph that brings back happy memories

Good morning Bloggers!

Today I'm going to write about a photograph that brings back happy memories. This particular photo was taken in Wales in 2011. I like it because it's the last time all my family got together. 

So, as I think I mentioned last week, I  have 5 sisters and 3 brothers. Both my parents passed away at a fairly young age by today's standards. The age range of my brothers and sisters is from 70 to 50 so most of them also have grown up children of their own - many of whom now have their own children.

The main problem with getting all my family together is that my brother Adrian lives in New Zealand and I live in Chile. Trying to organise a holiday at the same time is always complicated, especially because I have to comply with the academic year and take holidays in February which is normally cold and wet in the UK where the rest of my family live. However, in 2011 I manage to travel to the UK in July for a special family reunion. 

Among all my brothers and sisters, we rented a huge farmhouse in Wales in the middle of nowhere for a week and people just arrived whenever they could for as long as they could. I think about 35 people visited in total, with everyone staying for at least 2 or 3 nights. It was an amazing place and we had a fun time.

We spent our days cooking, playing board games, making music, doing jigsaws, playing table tennis and pool, going for long walks in the countryside, and swimming and boating on a small lake. In the evenings we built a fire by the lake and sat out making music, drinking and chatting late into the night. It was really nice to be in such close proximity with all my brothers and sister after such a long time.


This isn't a special photograph technically, nor is it particularly beautiful. I think the most important thing about this photograph is the fact that we are all in it and we all look happy.


Write about a photograph you took or appear in.
Say:
Where and when the photograph was taken,
What the photograph shows,
Why you like the photograph,
What happy memory it makes you remember,

Try to write at least 150 words. 
Write a comment on your teacher’s blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

A Television Programme